Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Unexpected direct feedthrough in new topology. What is the meaning of this error message?

+1 vote
I'm trying to debug a power electronics simulation and I get this error message:
 Fatal error: Unexpected direct feedthrough in new topology

I cannot find a reference to this message or any explanation in the Plecs User manual.

My software setup is: Plecs Blockset ver 4.0.2 running on Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.16299.

Hardware setup is: Intel Core i5-3470 CPU, 16GB memory
asked Mar 31, 2018 by powersim (19 points)

3 Answers

+1 vote
Hello,

This type of question, regarding a specific error message, is more appropriate for our direct user support channel. Please email support@plexim.com, and provide the model if possible.

Thanks!
answered Apr 4, 2018 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)
+1 vote
Thanks for the reply Kris. I fixed the schematic by modifying some parameters so I believe I have found a solution to the error.

I couldn't figure out the root cause of this error message but I did fix my schematic by deleting the old stored system state and starting the simulation with block parameters with slightly different initial conditions.

(I also reduced the inductance of a key passive element but that is more specific to my circuit and is may not be directly applicable to other situations.)
answered Apr 5, 2018 by powersim (19 points)
+1 vote

Two general remarks:

• A "Fatal error" in PLECS typically indicates a situation that the developers had not anticipated or in other words: a bug. It is unlikely that other users will be able help you with this. As Kris already suggested it is better to contact Plexim Support.
  • Your PLECS installation is somewhat outdated. The latest bugfix release for your version is PLECS 4.0.8 (available form our archive), and the most current version (as of this writing) is PLECS 4.1.5. Please try and see whether updating PLECS will resolve your problem.
answered Apr 10, 2018 by Wolfgang Hammer (397 points)