Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Interleaving connections

0 votes

Hello All,

I'm building a boost converter with Two interleaved using the same source and load as shown below (red marked)How do i connect this part of the circuit.

Thanks & Regards,

Goutham M S

asked Jun 10, 2019 by goutms (12 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Hi Goutham,

As given in the PLECS Help Viewer under "Connections", for drawing a branch from an existing connection, place the mouse pointer where it is desired that the branch will start. With the right mouse button or with the left mouse button while holding down the [Ctrl] key (or [command] key on Mac OS), create a branch to a new destination by dragging the crosshairs.

I'm also attaching the "PLECS Cheat Sheet" here for other PLECS shortcuts.

A solid black dot marks a connection between two wires. Two electrical wires merely overlapping on one another without a connection will not have this solid black dot, therefore a curved wire, as shown in your circuit, to mark this distinction, isn't necessary. 

An example of an interleaved boost converter is given in the PLECS demo model library. Browse to Window > Demo Models, and search for "Single-Phase Battery Charger". Open the PLECS model and then double click on the AC/DC subsystem to view the attached schematic.

Best regards,
Manu

answered Jun 12, 2019 by Manu Parimi (363 points)
edited Jun 12, 2019 by Manu Parimi