Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Matlab 2013b crashes after installing PLECS

0 votes
Hi everyone,

I have recently installed PLECS in my PC which includes different versions of Matlab/Simulink: 2013b, 2015a, 2017b and have a problem with my Matlab 2013b.

The problem is when I open some script/model with Matlab 2017b, PLECS is recognized and the opened script/model is able to run. However, whenever I open anything with Matlab 2013b, the command window and the opened files dont correspond and I cannot do any operation, even typing into the command window or closing the whole program properly.

Could someone tell me how to deal with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Ngoc Anh
asked Jul 9, 2019 by NgocAnh (15 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer

This is due to a bug in MATLAB R2013b: MATLAB freezes when opened if it executes a "startup.m" file that adds an "info.xml" file to the search path.

For a detailed explanation and possible solutions, please see this technical solution on the Plexim web site.

answered Jul 10, 2019 by Wolfgang Hammer (397 points)
selected Jul 10, 2019 by NgocAnh
Thank you very much for the clear and prompt reply. The patch of MAtlab 2013b has resolved my issue.

Regards