Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

PLECS blockset viewer problem

+1 vote

Dear Sir,

I have installed PLECS Blockset in the PC with Windows 7 Operating system. I have used the trial license.lic file when license file was asked during installation. After installing, I have started MATLAB 2017a 

The following error message came when I am starting to import components from library browser: The PLECS Viewer only permits the simulation of circuits. All modifying operations of the schematics editor are disabled 

The MATLAB library contains Plecs blocks in it.

How to solve this issue?

Regards,

Karthik D

asked Mar 26, 2018 by karthik (29 points)

1 Answer

+2 votes

The error message indicates that a PLECS Viewer license is in fact installed on your computer. This could be a left-over from an earlier installation. A PLECS Viewer license takes precedence over any other PLECS license that you might have installed.

Please see https://www.plexim.com/support/solutions/1008 for instructions on how to locate and remove a PLECS Viewer license.

answered Mar 26, 2018 by Wolfgang Hammer (397 points)
Respected Wolfgang Hammer,

Thanks for the reply. The MATLAB Path PLECS Viewer problem solved.

Thanks & Regards,
Karthik D