Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How to run script file in PLECS without using MATLAB?

0 votes
I have only PLECS in my PC. How to run any script files in PLECS like I do in MATLAB?
asked Aug 14, 2019 by malepatisankar (48 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello,

I assume you mean PLECS Standalone when you said you only have PLECS? But anyway, we recommend the PLECS User Manual, available on our website at www.plexim.com/download/documentation, or the built-in Online Help as a resource for many questions on using the tool. In the Initialization Parameters window of the Simulation Parameters window in PLECS Standalone you can enter any valid MATLAB/Octave expression, consisting of MATLAB/Octave functions, operators, and variables. So this can directly be a code that is run to initialize variables, or you can reference by name an m file that sits in the same directory as the model. If you want to run multiple situations or start and modify a simulation or analysis, for example, there is both an internal scripting environment in PLECS Standalone, and a method for externally controlling PLECS Standalone. Both options are described in Chapter 10 "Simulation Scripts". Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Kris
answered Aug 14, 2019 by Kris Eberle (1,583 points)