Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How to measure delay between input and output signals?

0 votes
Hello, I am using an amplifier in my circuit. I want to meaure any time delay between its input siganl and output signal. I can not measure or analyze it by probing two signals. Is there a way to measure this time delay accurately?

Thank you in advance.
asked Oct 9, 2019 by prasad (18 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello,

Can you elaborate on your circuit/amplifier design? I might suggest you read the How PLECS Works chapter of our User Manual. Basically, after the setup of the physical model, PLECS determines the execution order of the block diagram where the physical model is treated as a single atomic subsystem of the block diagram. But any results the user wants to monitor in a Scope, Display block, etc are presented simultaneously. Further, the Op-Amp component, for example, is nothing more than an ideal gain under the mask. Therefore, it isn't possible to measure a time delay based on the native implementation of your circuit.

Regards,

Kris
answered Oct 18, 2019 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)