Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How can i measure Torque and speed at the same time?

0 votes
I can only measure the Torque and speed separately, is it possible for me to measure them together at the same time? From the circuit diagram attached below, i cannot measure speed and torque at the same time by using the connection as in attached file.
asked Oct 16, 2019 by Tei Tze Khang (12 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Sure it is. Keep in mind that torque is a through-quantity so you need to place a Torque Sensor in series with your mechanical connection, while speed is an across-quantity so you need to place your Speed Sensor in parallel with the node of interest. I hope this helps!

Kris
answered Oct 18, 2019 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)
Do you just need a simple circuit to show the series and parallel connections? Proper operation depends on your circuit, but I attached a basic working example showing the sensor connections. Hopefully this helps!