Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Controlling the thyristors of the B6C rectifier with 6-Pulse Generator?

0 votes
Hello,

I need a driver for a B6C (6 thyristors) and came across the 6 Pulse Generator. Now I have the problem that I get no gate current at each 2 thyristors. At "phi" I have a Pulse Generator, connected to "enable" a constant signal. What value do I enter with enable?
Under "alpha" I have my steering angle in rad. Am I on the right track or are I missing something?

Behind the 6 pulse generator I have a signal demultiplexer with 6 outputs. From the top I usually have no signal at the output 4 and 5.

Hope you understand my problem. Excuse my bad english.

Thanks for your help!
asked Oct 22, 2019 by vossienz (12 points)
Hello,

Your "phi" value should represent a ramp signal, not a pulsed waveform. Have you seen our demo model "Three-Phase 6-Pulse Thyristor Converter" included with PLECS? I recommend you see that and come back with any new questions.

Best,

Kris

Please log in or register to answer this question.