Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

AC analysis tool prematurely terminating

0 votes

Hi all, 

I am pretty new to PLECS. I am trying to simulate the bode plot for a converter and I have introduced a perturbation in the duty and am reading the output voltage perturbation. I have already gone through the example for the buck converter provided in the examples before doing this. 

The simulation ends prematurely and plots the frequency response for a very short frequency range. It is unclear as to why this is happening. I asked it to plot the response from 100-100KHz and the following settings were applied:

Frequency Range: [100 100e+3]
Amplitude: 1e-3
Number of points: 150 <-- Is this too high?
Termination Tolerance: 1e-3 <-- I don't know what this is doing
Max Number of Iterations: 400 <-- Is this too high? I chose this arbitrarily
Rel. Perturbation for Jacobian: 1e-4 <-- No idea what this is..

I have attached the model for your reference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you very much!

asked Oct 25, 2019 by Kartikeya (12 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello,

The first thing I noticed is that your model in its current form does not run do to an error message "cyclic behavior during switching". To better understand what this means, I recommend you see our website post on the topic: https://www.plexim.com/support/solutions/146. I was able to get your model running simply by increasing the "Diode turn-on threshold" solver setting from 0 to 1e-3. The small-signal analysis tools should then be able to converge. Note that for your model, you might consider the Impulse Response Analysis tool for a much faster result. I attached a plot capture below showing the results I saw when using this. Regarding the settings you emboldened above, did you review our documentation about what they do? I hope this helps!

Regards,

Kris

answered Oct 29, 2019 by Kris Eberle (1,587 points)