Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

current source modeling in the plecs

0 votes
Hello, I am trying to make the model of the current source converter in the plecs. I have two inductors in the filter and transformer leakage inductance. Between these components appears current mismatch and some current spikes. How I can model this situation in the PLECS? The model of the power part and control in the attachment.
asked Oct 28, 2019 by shurikspk (20 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

hi 

This is physical impossible if you try to force a current step in the inductor, you can solve adding the resistive part of inductor, this will equal the fluxes. ​it does not depend from simulation tool

Just as reminder the transformer resistance in series is what you measure at the switching frequency not the DC one.

Unfortunately PLECS simulation miss some model and I cannot launch it

answered Oct 31, 2019 by tinivella (106 points)