Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Peak current control of capacitive half-bridges with synchronous rectifier

–1 vote
Hello everybody,

I am developing a capacitive half-bridge with synchronous rectifier(see picture with Plecs), which should always deliver 14.2V and 7A as rated current.
The input voltage range is 36V to 60V and the rated voltage is 48V. The simulaion without regulation works, that is, when I simulate with the nominal values (48V and 2 ohms), the rated current is 7A and the output voltage is also 14.2. I also get these values with the control (peak current control). But if I change the load, the output current is no longer 7 A.

Has anyone an idea what I can do to get always 14.2V and 7A when I change the load

thank you in advance

Dirac
asked May 6, 2018 by Dirac (21 points)
Please provide a model.
Hello,

attached is the circuit

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
> Has anyone an idea what I can do to get always 14.2V and 7A when I change the load

Sorry, I'm afraid you cannot achieve that. Hint: Ohm's law. You will only get 14.2V and 7A with a load of 14.2/7 Ohm. And no, "Peak current control" does not mean constant output current but limited peak current.
answered May 11, 2018 by Oliver Schwartz (618 points)