Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

simulation speed reduction due to Control / Discrete blocks

0 votes
Dear all,

I noticed that the same simulation pass from 2s simulation to 25sec when I let PLECS calculate the Discrete mean value and the discrete RMS, is it possible that?

How can I improve it?

Attached the files
asked Jan 7, 2020 by tinivella (106 points)
Hi.

The blocks mentioned do consume a lot of time for computation when "sample time" is too low and/or "Number of samples" is too high. Try adjusting them and I feel that it is the compromise between "accuracy" and "time".

Bhavani.

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
Hello,

The additional discrete states can slow down the simulation. We are addressing this in our next release with variable step/continuous RMS and THD blocks that will not cause the simulation speed issue.

Thank you,

Kris
answered Jan 14, 2020 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)
selected Jan 15, 2020 by tinivella

thanks for the answer and for the support  of @lino_capponi

there is a bug in the RMS block you sent to me, the reason is not clear be seems something with the initial buffer

Hello, can you please continue your email discussion with Lino about this?

Thank you,

Kris