Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Is it possible to change a variable on a certain time/r? [closed]

+1 vote
I have a little projekt and i would like to change the DutyCycle time Dependent for example the first 0-0.025 sec it should be 0.5 DutyCycle and from 0.025-0.05 sec i want a DutyCycle of 0.7 so i only have one Graph where after half the time the DutyCycle changes.

Is this possible?
closed with the note: answered
asked May 17, 2018 by Mich4 (18 points)
closed May 23, 2018 by Mich4

2 Answers

0 votes
Certainly. You can use the "Step" function block to implement it.
answered May 23, 2018 by Manu Parimi (363 points)

To avoid any possible confusion: During a simulation the value of a signal can be changed, e.g. with a Step function. However, the value of a variable (i.e. a named value that can be used in a parameter dialog, for example) is only evaluated during simulation start and cannot be changed during a simulation.

0 votes
This question has been answered in the comments of this question: https://forum.plexim.com/225/control-simulation-events-from-a-file
answered May 23, 2018 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)