Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How do I calculate the dual active bridge efficiency and round trip efficiency. Thank you

0 votes
asked Feb 3, 2020 by josephs (12 points)

Hello,

Are you referring to the "Dual Active Bridge" demo model built into PLECS? If so, please refer to the model "Buck Converter with Thermal Model" to see how you can use the PLECS Probe component to monitor switching and conduction losses associated with the switches. Once you have set up your model to monitor all switch losses, you can determine the efficiency using a simple calculation of 1-Ptotal-losses/Pinput_power. This assumes one side of your system is delivering power, and the other side is consuming power. Of course, you can reconfigure the source and load to determine the losses and efficiency in the other direction after. Does this help answer your question?

Regards,

Kris

Can I get the plecs simulink model of Dual Active Bridge, because I am not able to find in the demos
If you go to the PLECS library in Simulink, there is a set of demo models. Under the power supply category you will find it, and the models are listed alphabetically.

Please log in or register to answer this question.