Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Load current missmatch

0 votes
helo people,

i am observing Behaviour of the current on a symmetric tree phase system. the max current at the load  ist 1A and i dont understand why  the red current  ist -1.22  AT THE SIMULATIONSBEGINN. it seems like a current mismatch at the beginn. how i can solve that?i calculate the initial current from inductance within the phase

thank in advance
asked Mar 11, 2020 by christi (24 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

You are calculating the initial current flow incorrectly.  Currently, your simulation assumes the current is in phase with the voltage.  However, there is a phase shift due to the RL load.  Please look at the Simulation + Simulation Parameters + Initialization tab for an example of how to calculate the initial three-phase RMS current, and then the instantaneous current for each phase.

answered Jun 3, 2020 by Bryan Lieblick (1,905 points)