Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How can I link Plecs inverter with Simulink load ?

0 votes
Hi everyone.

I'll try to explain my problem.

I have a non-linear load in Simulink (modelled by differenzial equation) that it must be powered by an inverter (built into a Plecs subsystem).

Now the problem is: how can I interface the two systems? I tried to add three electrical port (one per phase) in the Plecs circuit, then I connected my load to the Plecs block. The simulation starts and I can measure the voltages but only into the Plecs circuit! Outside the Plecs block, in Simulink, I see zero voltage and current!

What is the problem? Where I'm doing wrong?

To be clear, I've attached two screenshot.

Thanks!
asked Jun 8, 2018 by nikilito (113 points)

1 Answer

+2 votes

Best answer

Please see the documentation of the Electrical Port block:

"In PLECS Blockset, if an Electrical Port is placed in a top-level schematic, the PLECS Circuit block in the Simulink model will show a corresponding electrical terminal, which may be connected with other electrical terminals of the same or a different PLECS Circuit block."

You cannot create physical connections between PLECS and other physical modeling tools. This is technically impossible.

answered Jun 8, 2018 by Wolfgang Hammer (397 points)
selected Jun 8, 2018 by nikilito
I had read the documentation...badly. :)

Thank you very much for the reply.