Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How to control current in a ideal DC Voltage source ?

0 votes
asked Jun 14, 2018 by deepakdeepak (13 points)
Deepak,

Your question is very vague. A more descriptive question would help your chances of receiving a favorable answer. Have you checked out PLECS demo models? There are various models simulating current controllers.

Manu

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hello,

Have you tried placing a current source in series with the voltage source?

Kris
answered Jun 19, 2018 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)
Hi Kris,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did try after your suggestion. It works.

It it possible to give upper value of current, like saturation block, for a DC Voltage source ?

Thanks,

Deepak
Deepak,

Please see the "Controlled Current Source" block instead where you can define an arbitrary current for the DC Voltage source.

Best,

Kris
Hi Kris,

I used controlled current source to control the current and current in circuit is what is defined for current source. But, what I need is: Not allow DC Voltage source to give more current than defined value but can allow smaller value of current depending on the circuit.

Can you please suggest me how to go about it ?

Thanks,

Deepak
I think you should consider how that would be done in practice. This requires current limiting circuitry/logic and you would therefore need to control the source current using feedback conditioning logic.