Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Creating an elf file of the model to call in Python

0 votes

As per the PLECS manual I am trying to generate elf file to be called in python. I have tried using the boost converter demo model for the same.

The manual says:

• Open the Coder + Coder options... window, choose the System tab. Select PLECS RT Box 1 from the Target drop down menu.
  • Keep the Target Device field empty to only generate the .elf file without uploading it to a specific target. The .elf file is placed by default in the directory that contains the PLECS model file.

I am unable to select the system tab in Coder options window. Please find the attachment and request for a help on this 

asked Apr 28, 2020 by Hridhya (16 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

You're in the right window, but clicking on the wrong item. The System tab referred to here is better understood as a tree-like view where you can see all subsystems that support code generation. You should note that the the "Plant" and "Controller" entries in the System tab correspond to Subsystems in the main PLECS schematic, and the "boost_converter" at the top level identifies the top-level system.

Here you should select "Plant" in the left hand window just below where you circled and then click Build to generate code for the plant.  Then in the directory that contains the PLECS model file, you will see "boost_converter_Codegen" which contains the Plant.elf file.  If you generate code for the "Controller", you'll see Controller.elf in that same folder.

answered Apr 29, 2020 by Bryan Lieblick (1,853 points)
Thank you. I could use the elf file for connecting via python.