Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Output of C-Script to comand a switch

0 votes
Hi everyone!

I'm having a problem with my simulation:

I'm using a C-script to make the discrete control of my converter, everyone works fine until now,

I'm trying to make the inicialization routine, (context: is an active rectifier with a LCL filter, i need make the precharge of the DC-Link, connecting a resistor in the beginning of the circuit (1 per line) when i make the precharge, then, when the capacitor is charged, i need to bypass this 3 resistor), but it does'n work as i want. Now, i'm getting the on-off signal of the switch to activate/desactivate the resistor to make the precharge, but some pulses in the output (should stay calm on 750V) cause problems in the modulation, i don't know why this appears. i think can be because of the way what i make the on-off of the switch (just an IF in the c-script, if the value of the output is less than 520V, connect the resistor, else, disconnect). The sample of the C-script is 50khz.
Anyone have an idea of what happen? Or, another way to make the precharge?

Thanks!!

PD: attach the schematic and photo of results of the problem.
asked Jun 16, 2020 by Matias_L (14 points)
Hi Matias, this sounds more like a control design issue than something with PLECS.

If you're seeing the pre-charge switch toggling, then you're likely on the right track with your pre-charge logic being too simple.

Normally the converter controller would use a finite state-machine to distinguish between different modes.  For example there are distinct startup, operating, faulted, and restoration states.  The pre-charge resistors would carry current only during certain states, and with enough specificity to prevent toggling and equipment damage.
Hi Bryan.

This problem just appears when i make the precharge, if i don't use the precharge-stage (initial condition in the capacitor), i haven't problem with the controller, so, i agree with the problem is beacause the control stage of the precharge.

I agree too with using a finite state-machine, but, at this moment of the proyect, i just haven't designed it yet.

Please log in or register to answer this question.