Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Is it possible to change block parameter during simulation?

0 votes

Hello all,

it might seem the usual question but it isn't.

I have an ideal transformer and its parameters are written in the initialization commands.

I would like to change the number of turns during the simulation (like a tap changer) so I can change the value of the secondary voltage (or primary) and so the power.

I saw there are a lot of useful tips to change parameter during the simulation in the forum (1-D look table, step, ecc..) but I think that no one can be right for my purpose.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance!

asked Jul 12, 2018 by nikilito (113 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hello,

Unfortunately it is not possible in PLECS to tune the parameters of a non-signal during a simulation. One idea though is that you could try and build a tap-changing transformer from primitives. You would need to use a multi-winding transformer, physical on-off switches, and switching logic to control the electric connections determining which windings are used at any given time (and therefore controlling the tap ratios). I would suggest using a lookup table to define the switch state logic and start with a simple example before scaling up.

Best regards,

Kris
answered Jul 25, 2018 by Kris Eberle (1,583 points)
Hi Kris!

Thank you for your answer!

Then I will try this way..

Best regards!