Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

xml-rpc initialization with Stored system state

0 votes
hello,

I'm using xml-rpc interface in plecs standalone.

In user manual, plecs.simulate() command has options like 'SolverOpts'.
I want to simulate my circuit via xml-rpc with initialization from stored system state.
But I can't find how to store current state and initialize from stored system state via xml-rpc.

Could someone give me some advice?

Thank you
asked Jul 30, 2020 by Rino (12 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
The SolverOpts field in the xml-rpc interface only supports the parameters listed in the table at the very end of the Simulation Scripts section of the documentation.  The is no provision in the interface to store a system state or change the initialization method.

However, there still could be a means to implement your desired goal.

One approach would be to manually store the system state for different configurations as different models, and then run a series of analyses on those saved cases.

Another alternative (but cumbersome) approach would be to assign all states in your model as variables in your Initialization script.  Then, assign each state as an output from your simulation.  You could run the model, save the states at the end of the simulation, and then in the script assign the recorded values as the initial conditions for each state on the next simulation run.

I would be interested in hearing any workarounds you have devised as well.
answered Aug 10, 2020 by Bryan Lieblick (1,905 points)