Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

My Dye Transformer Connection - Something's Wrong!

0 votes
Hi,
I'm trying to connect this ideal transformer to this inverter circuit. The expected current values at the grid side are 347.8 A rms per phase. However, I'm getting 4000A! When I remove the transformer, my values are reasonable. Is there anything wrong with my connection? What could the problem be? As my thesis deadline is approaching, i would appreciate an urgent reply. Thank you.
asked Aug 6, 2020 by MaryamGamal (17 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
One cannot say exactly what the problem is without knowing more about the inverter subsystems and the phasing on your AC voltage sources.

However, my suspicions are 1) the phasing of your windings is not what you expected (for example, your Vab delta-port is connected to what might be your Vcn wye-port) and 2) you are not accounting for the phase shift of the transformer in your AC source voltages especially since you say it works fine without a transformer.

I would recommend doing a search for  "Transformer Vector Groups" online.  You will see a few diagrams on how to properly connect the terminals and the associated phase shift for different wiring configurations.
answered Aug 10, 2020 by Bryan Lieblick (1,841 points)
Great. Thank you for your help.