Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Can the forward voltage of switches be linked with a look-up table without C-script programming?

0 votes
I'm modelling the losses within a bidirectional converter. The forward voltages of the IGBTs and diodes varies with their mean current value. I created a look-up table for their relation, but is there a way to link its output forward voltage values with the IGBTs and diodes (without programming)? Or do I have to manually insert them in every simulation?
asked Aug 23, 2020 by MaryamGamal (17 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
Hello, you could add a series-connected controllable voltage source whose value is determined by custom logic calculations (perhaps via a lookup table) that you define. But if you just want the value of Vf to change based on the system parameters and not dynamically during a simulation, I recommend that you assign a variable to the block parameter and use the initialization commands to define your variables and calculate what the value of Vf should be, rather than provide an actual numerical value each time. Let me know if that's not clear.
answered Aug 24, 2020 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)
selected Aug 25, 2020 by MaryamGamal