Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Problem in conduction loss measurement in inverter

0 votes
Hi,

I don't understand, I'm trying to determine conduction and switching losses in a 10kHz inverter made of OGBT and diode devices. The respective conduction and switching losses are so huge, even filtered on 0.0001s, than the total efficiency diverge. Could you help me please to correctly determine the losses?

Thanks
asked Aug 26, 2020 by tanguy (28 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello,

I took a look at your model and think this is a multi-layered issue. You should first isolate the electrical system and make sure that you are satisfied with its operation, including at steady-state. I don't believe the waveforms all look at you might expect, for example the output current. You may need to add damping, or general adjust the output voltage source/inductance values. Also, the phase b inductance doesn't match the other 2 phases. Once your electrical circuit performs correctly, you can add the thermal model and check that that works properly.

Regards,

Kris
answered Aug 28, 2020 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)
Incoherence in loss calculation