Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Hi, Is it possible to use PLECS models within MATLAB if I don't have legitimate PLECS license?

0 votes
I don't have legitimate PLECS Standalone license. I have legitimate version of MATLAB. I have PLECs model of switches, so wanted to know that is it possible to use PLECS models within MATLAB/ Simulink.
asked Sep 21, 2020 by Kunal (12 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello,

PLECS comes in two versions- Standalone and Blockset for use with MATLAB/Simulink. The latter version requires a license from us (separate from MATLAB) for full operation including changing and saving models, but you are able to use the free PLECS Viewer license if you have a developed PLECS model available you want to open. If you just have thermal descriptions (.xml files) from a semiconductor vendor, you will need to request a trial license at www.plexim.com/trial or purchase a full license to build these into a circuit model. I suspect this previous sentence is what is really relevant in your case.

Regards,

Kris
answered Sep 22, 2020 by Kris Eberle (1,583 points)