Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Is that possible to change the diode/IGBT models inside the simulation scripts?

0 votes
Hi,

I want to generate the simulation of thermal model under different manufacturers' diode/IGBT models automatically using the simulation scripts.

Is that able to achieve by writing the scripts? If yes, any example on that?
asked Oct 8, 2020 by kna1231 (12 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello, this is definitely possible. I assume you want to run a simulation with Part A, then a second simulation with Part B, and so on? You can use a Reference variable for the thermal description assigned to each semiconductor component, and then assign the filename to that part using this syntax in your script: partname = 'file:filename'; where filename is the relative path to the .xml file, and without the file extension. There is no example for this, but if you have any issues, post your files and I can help you get it working.
answered Oct 8, 2020 by Kris Eberle (1,587 points)