Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Running Plecs on multi-core machine

0 votes
Hi !

I tried to run a simulation on a multicore linux machine but I noticed that the simulation's speed is quite the same. (just little bit higher)

Is there a way to increase the speed with this type of machine? A different license? Something to change in Plecs's parameter?

Thank you.
asked Sep 3, 2018 by nikilito (113 points)

2 Answers

+2 votes

Best answer
Currently, PLECS uses just a single core for computing a PLECS model. A second core (if available) is only employed for the GUI, e.g. for preparing the graphical output in PLECS scopes. This is why you cannot speed up the simulation of a single PLECS model by having more than two cores.

However, if you run multiple simulations simultaneously, they will automatically distributed to different cores.
answered Sep 5, 2018 by jost (38 points)
selected Sep 5, 2018 by nikilito
Thank you so much!
Are there other ways to speed up the simulation?
+1 vote

hi 

I wrote a workarund in python to do that, it generate more variants of the same simulation and then run parallel with gui automatization

you can find on my github https://github.com/tinix84/pyplecs

answered Oct 31, 2019 by tinivella (106 points)