Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Why are probes of library elements emtpy after dragging them into the overall simulation?

0 votes
Hello,

I'working with Plecs Blockset 4.2.6 (and tried it with 4.3.6).
Through several Matlab Version 2016b, 2018b, 2019b I'm facing the following issue:
I created my own Plecs-Library elements.
If a second library element is dragged into the overall simulation model, the probes of the first library element are empty. (Although they are filled in the library element itself as expected).
In addition, the probes are empty from time to time even after a restart of the model.

Does anyone know this problem and how to solve it reliably?

I'm looking forward to your answers.
Thank you in advance!

Best regards
asked Oct 26, 2020 by sgra (21 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello,

Unfortunately Probe blocks within library models do not work as they do in a non-library subsystem, and will lose their associations when the library model is included in a new model. This may be addressed in a future PLECS release, but the intended method for Probe signals associated with library components is to use Mask Probe Signals. The library model file needs to have a custom Subsystem (it can have additional blocks too), which can then be masked, and in the Subsystem Mask Parameters window there is a Probe Signals tab where you can define any internal signals you want accessible by a probe. In this way, you can probe the actual subsystem/library component itself when you drag it into a new model, and then monitor any of the signals you set up.

Let me know if this is clear.

Kris
answered Oct 27, 2020 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)
Hello Kris,

thank you for your answer. It's clear for me.
This requires a structural change of the overall simulation model. Instead of having an outport signal from the library element, one can get the same signal by 'probing' the library element itself (if this is prepared in the right way).

Best regards
Sabrina
Yes, exactly!