Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Algebraic loop detected (parallel connected converters)

0 votes

I am working on Parallel connected converters fed DFIG using plexim software. I have simulated single converter fed DFIG. If  I am Connecting parallel connected system,  I am getting an error on rotor side converter (Algebraic loop detected)

asked Sep 11, 2018 by karthik (29 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Karthik,

I notice that you also created a support ticket for this question on support@plexim.com. I am copying my colleague Min Luo's correspondence to you here --

"In this case the two converters can not determine how the current rotor current of the induction machine is separated.

If the modulation of the two converters are exactly synchronized, you may just use one converter to represent two. If not, there is usually extra filter inductors connected to the output of the two converters, in this case please remember to replace the original machine model with “Induction Machine (Slip Ring, Saturable)” and change the “Configuration” parameter to “VBR full”."
answered Sep 13, 2018 by Manu Parimi (363 points)