Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

how to distinguish between different components in a component library?

+1 vote
HI

I need a little help in distinguishing between component libraries. Say I have a wolfspeed library installed for PLECS. I need to assign a component from the libarary to two switches: mosfet = S1, mosfet with anti-parallel = S2 diode. Why are certain components from the library not visible for S2, even though all the wolfspeed library SiC mosfets have the anti-parallel diode when i go through their datasheets? And these components show up for S1.

Also, for S2 a component from library shows up as C2m0160120D and C2m0160120D_bodydiode. What is the difference between the two?

Attached are few screenshots.

Thanks

Sneha
asked Sep 12, 2018 by snehathakur (64 points)

2 Answers

0 votes

Best answer
Sneha,

There is a new demo model on PLECS 4.2 which shows modeling of Wolfspeed SiC devices. Download the latest version of PLECS here - https://www.plexim.com/download, and open the "Dual Active Bridge Converter" demo model . To view the thermal descriptions, from the menu tab, choose Window > Thermal Library Browser. See the attached images.

Having said that, in the .xml thermal description, the 'Type' of the device is specified. PLECS would only suggest thermal descriptions that would match the device type.

Manu
answered Sep 13, 2018 by Manu Parimi (363 points)
selected Sep 19, 2018 by snehathakur
Thanks manu.

I have just updated the PLECS version and I will go through the said DAB model.

You seem to have resolved my issue. But let me analyse few things in it for a day or two and I will get back to you for further help if required.

thanks

Sneha
0 votes
Hello Sneha,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. There was a labelling error with this device, all of the Wolfspeed parts should be used with separate MOSFET and (body) diode components in PLECS. I believe the fix has been made on their website and you should be able to download the corrected files now.

Kind regards,

Kris
answered Sep 17, 2018 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)
Thanks Kris.

I have downloaded the latest Plecs model files from wolfspeed. Yes, they need to be used with separate mosfet and diode components.