Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How to capture a result of an particular event in the scope while performing real time simulation ?

0 votes
Hi,

I am working on real time simulation of an isolated microgrid. In my model, when the microgrid meets a certain condition, it connects to the grid, and the grid starts to supply the additional required power in the microgrid. Since this event happens at a particular time, I am not able to get it in the scope. How can I get the transition of microgrid from off-grid to on-grid? I am only able to get the result in the scope where the grid is already connected and supplying power. I could not get the result where the power supplied by the grid rises from zero to steady-state.
asked Dec 9, 2020 by Kabi (23 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Refer to T=3:00-4:30 in the following video on the Plexim website on how to configure the PLECS external mode and external mode triggering. 

If you are trying to capture just a single event of a periodic signal, for example when the grid current first rises above a certain current threshold, then simply use "Manual Trigger" instead of "Auto triggering".  You can also use "Auto triggering" if the signal is non-periodic, for example the grid breaker status signal that will change when the grid connection first occurs.

Lastly, if you are using XML-RPC, refer to the demo model included in the RT Box Target Support Package for an example of how to use a trigger with a Data Capture block.

answered Dec 9, 2020 by Bryan Lieblick (1,853 points)
Just as what you say,  the grid breaker status signal that will change when the grid connection first occurs,but  I am using "Auto triggering" , so how can I stop and capture transient state data  of  scope?
If the breaker signal is non-periodic, then either approach should work fine. Simply connect the breaker signal to a Scope or Display, select the breaker status as the Trigger Signal, and choose your Trigger level and Trigger delay settings.