Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Change color of mouse pointer in scope

0 votes
Hello,

The color of the scope background is black and the mouse pointer in the scope is also black. I cannot zoom easily since both are the same color. Could you please tell me how can I change the color of the mouse pointer?

Best regards.

Vefa
asked Nov 5, 2018 by karakaslivefa (19 points)

2 Answers

0 votes

Hi Vefa,

For any scope color other than white, you should see a white border alongside a black mouse pointer by default. You can change the scope background color to white instead from PLECS Preferences > Scope Colors tab. See the attached screenshots. For more information, click on the Help (the blue question mark) button from the PLECS scope window.

Manu

answered Nov 5, 2018 by Manu Parimi (363 points)

Hi Manu,

Thank you for your answer. Actually, I had changed the scope background color to white. But the black scope background is better for understanding a waveform according to me. That is why I want to change the mouse pointer. The mouse pointer is black (with sign of "+") by default for both cases.

Regards.

Vefa

Hi Vefa,

You should see a white border around the black plus sign as seen in the attached image. Are you not seeing the white border? If not, please let us know your operating system information.

Manu

Hi Manu,

I use a laptop with two additional monitors. I have recently realized that I can see the white border around the black sign on the laptop screen. When I move the scope to the other screens it just shows a black plus sign without the white border. My operation system is Microsoft Windows 64-bit.

Regards.

Vefa
Hi Vefa,

Is it possible for you to attach a screenshot please? Alternatively, you can send it to support@plexim.com.

Manu
Hi Manu,

Today, when I open my computer, I have found that the mouse pointer is with the white border in all screens. I installed PLECS yesterday and I did not shut down yesterday. I don't know what happened but it works properly right now.

Thanks.

Vefa

Hello Manu,

I have the same problem again on the other screens and you can see in the screenshot. I have a displayport/DVI cable between my computer and the screens. I don't know if the problem comes from my screen or from PLECs. I do not have the same problem from the other software. I am looking forward to you.

Best regards.

Vefa

Hi Vefa,

please post your exact windows version (the output of 'winver'), which graphics card  and which version of which graphics card driver you are using (in Windows 10, right click on the desktop and select "Display settings" / "Advanced display settings", make a screenshot, click on "Display adaptor properties for xxxx", make a screenshot of the tabs "Adapter" and "Monitor". Do this for all connected displays.)

We also need to know which version of PLECS you are using.

You can post the information here or to support@plexim.com

Kind regards,

Oliver Schwartz
0 votes
You can easily change it by changing the settings of mouse pointer.
answered Apr 27, 2019 by ellisguerra (14 points)