Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Question about the deadtime issue of the demo 'optimize model'

0 votes

Dear specialst:

I am a little confused about the double switch in the demo file 'optimize model' , in my humble opinion ,it cannot detect deadtime from the PWM capture? And I noticed that in the application example of 28379D launchpad+RT-BOX ,all switches are IGBTS instead of double switch ,so it's better that  we use the IGBT when we need to use launchpad and RT-BOX together ?

asked Jan 25, 2021 by shichenseu (299 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
You should use the appropriate component from the Electrical + Power Modules section of the PLECS Library.

The purpose of the double switches in this exercise is to highlight that reducing the number of switching combinations significantly reduces the code complexity and code generation time.  One should not use the double switch in practice. The hybrid power modules have the benefit of reducing the number of switching combinations.  As mentioned in the tutorial:

"The Double Switch component does not have built in diodes to represent inverter blanking states. The Double Switch component is not compatible with the PWM Capture block and cannot detect shoot-through states. Hybrid power modules overcome these limitations."
answered Jan 25, 2021 by Bryan Lieblick (1,905 points)