Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

DC link capacitor resposne

0 votes
Dear All,

I made PMSM with the inverter.

I want to see DC-link ripple current and voltage ripple.

But it does not work in my system.

There is an error same as below.

I attached the figure of the circuit.

for the reference, vdc = 660V and each initial capacitor votlage = 330V

The model seems to become stiff at this point. For a more efficient simulation please switch to the stiff RADAU solver.

To turn this error into a warning, set the parameter "Stiffness detection" on the Diagnostics page of the Simulation Parameters dialog to "warning".
asked Feb 8, 2021 by oming0731 (27 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

You can open the Simulation Parameters menu from the Simulation + Simulation Parameters... drop-down.  In the Solver tab you can select different solvers.  Based on your error message you'll want to select RADAU or auto (new as of PLECS 4.5).

You also won't see much DC ripple in your model because your voltage source is directly in parallel with your drive and DC link model.  None of the drive current passes through anything that would cause a voltage drop from the source, so as configured your DC bus model will see a perfect DC source. Something to consider.

answered Feb 9, 2021 by Bryan Lieblick (1,905 points)