Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Hello I have to use switch and fuse together with battery system but i have not found any fuse symbol in PLECS library.

0 votes
How i can add a fuse in my circuit.Thanks
asked Feb 10, 2021 by Habib381 (12 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Feb 11, 2021 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)
Hello Kris,

Thanks for your response.Actually this is not useful for me.This is a thermal fuse block but I have to use fuse after a switch for DC -DC converter on off scheme which is connected on one side of battery terminal and second side of DC link .
Hello,

Do you just require that the fuse disconnects the converter from the battery terminal if a certain current is exceeded? If so, you can use several primitive blocks (Ammeter, Constant, Comparator) to create the logic to define the fuse state, i.e., measure current, compare it to current threshold, open switch if threshold is exceeded. Does this help?

Kris