Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Is there a tutorial on PIL Implementation?

0 votes

I know there is a PIL demo video available online with NPC-Solar inverter but I do have some questions:

1. is there any more detailed or simpler example available (i.e simple sine waveform/signal generation from MCU output to PLECS scope)? From the currently available source code for NPC-Solar inverter, it is difficult to parse what is needed and what isn't. 

2. Also, how does one use the PILPREPTOOL.exe? 

3. do I run PILPREPTOOL.exe manually in the CCS workspace?

4. Where should I save the PILPREPTOOL.exe? I tried to build the source code in CCS, but it is prompting an error called "pil_symbols_c.inc" pil_symbols_c.c /npc-solar_28379 line 28 C/C++ Problem"

My pilpretool.exe is saved in path: C:\PIL\Tools\1.2\win32\pilpreptool.exe while the project is saved in path: C:\PIL\TI\C2000\5.1\npc-solar\28379

image.png

I am currently using the TI F28379D launchpad. 

Thank you for addressing these questions.

Regards,

Jin G.

asked Feb 27, 2021 by ginh97 (12 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello Jin,

The support team received your email and will be corresponding with you there as further information relating to your particular setup is required.

Regards,

Bryan
answered Mar 1, 2021 by Bryan Lieblick (1,905 points)
edited Mar 1, 2021 by Bryan Lieblick