Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How to include charging characteristics in the following battery cell model?

0 votes
Hi,

I am trying to model a battery cell to allow charging and discharging using buck boost converter; however, this model only includes discharge characteristic; I am wondering how is it possible the include charging characteristics. I do have the datasheet of the battery cell.

Kind regards
asked Nov 22, 2018 by Junior9696 (24 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello,

Did you also see this application note: https://www.plexim.com/content/electrical-equivalent-implementation-lithium-ion-batteries ?

Thanks,

Kris
answered Nov 30, 2018 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)
Yes, but I am unsure how to apply discharging to the battery model. Any ideas?
Hello,

I would think you need to implement logic to drive a Controlled Current Source to draw down power from the source (which at least during discharging cannot be represented by a stiff ideal voltage source, but rather a capacitor only). Does that make sense?

Regards,

Kris