Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Which pins corresponds to wich digital inputs - epwm of F28379d

0 votes
Hi,

i'm a beginner in using the plecs RT Box 1, so sorry for my maybe dumb question..

My aim is to simulate a physical model with the Box and to controll it with a F28379D TI Controller. Therefor i need Analog Outputs for the simulated voltages or currents and Digital Inputs for my 12 PWM signals. In my imagination, i just need the analog output- and digital input block.. am i right?

Currently i use the RT Box LaunchPad Interface, later the RT Box ControlCard Interface for the controller card.

So, what digital input should i use to read for example my epwm 1-12 from my Launch Pad? Is there some kind of documentation wich output /input number correspondends with the controllers Pins?

Thanks a lot!

Benjamin
asked Mar 1, 2021 by BenjaminH. (33 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer

> i just need the analog output- and digital input block.. am i right?

You are correct for the analog output signals. For example, you can connect a voltage or current measurement to an Analog Out block.  For the PWM signals, you should use the PWM Capture component.  The PWM Capture works with any digital input pin, but oversamples the digital input to produce an averaged value over the last model time step.  The result from the PWM Capture should be used along with a hybrid switch model from the Electrical + Power Modules section of the PLECS Library. 

Refer to the RT Box demo models in the PLECS Help for an example. You may also benefit from reviewing the RT Box Tutorials on the Plexim website, particularly the "RT Box: Timing and Step-Size Selection" exercise.

> Is there some kind of documentation wich output /input number correspondends with the controllers Pins?

The mapping is included in the documentation for each board:

https://www.plexim.com/sites/default/files/launchpadinterfacemanual.pdf

https://www.plexim.com/sites/default/files/controlcardinterfacemanual.pdf

answered Mar 1, 2021 by Bryan Lieblick (1,819 points)
selected Mar 2, 2021 by BenjaminH.