Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Hot to run PLECS analysis tool from octave script?

0 votes
Hello,

I need to generate a set of simulation results for different input parameters. I have no problem doing this by simulating the system in the traditional way using octave scripts. However, since one simulation takes quite a lot of time, I would like to trigger PLECS Analysis tools directly from the octave language. However, I could not find anywhere information whether this is possible and if so how?
asked Mar 1, 2021 by kiper100 (15 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer

Hello, please see subsection "Starting an Analysis" in the Simulation Scripts in PLECS Standalone section of Chapter 10 - Simulation Scripts of the PLECS User Manual (Page 251 in the latest PLECS 4.5 version release).

The command is: 

plecs('analyze', 'analysisName', optStruct)

This starts the analysis defined in the Analysis Tools dialog under the name analysisName. The optional argument optStruct can be used to override model parameters.

Let me know if you have any questions.

answered Mar 1, 2021 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)
selected Mar 1, 2021 by kiper100