Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How to give pulses of multiple duration's to a switch in one switching cycle?

+1 vote
Hi

Few switches (mosfet) in my converter circuit conducts for different durations in one switching cycle. The time period is 66 us, switch Sibn conducts for D2 = 0.142 at PS2 = 1.9091e-06s  and for Dibn =   0.3875 at PS31 =  3.9756e-05s. I am giving the required duty cycle and phase shift through the pulse generator. I do get the required pulses.

But the switch takes each pulse individually and plots 2 different outputs. Is this the correct way of doing it and if yes how do I evaluate the correct response? Plecs gives an error if I enter more then two durations for a switching cycle.

attached images:

circuit and pulses shows the circuit and pulses given to switch Sibn.

Sibn gives the graph for pulses given to the switch. output shows the few output waveforms of the circuit. There are other switches in the circuit which are given similar multiple pulses. Now how do I evaluate which one is the correct response or how do I combine them?
asked Dec 3, 2018 by snehathakur (64 points)
edited Dec 6, 2018 by Wolfgang Hammer

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer

When you provide vector values for one or more parameters of the Pulse Generator, the output is a vector signal with parallel pulse trains. If you directly connect this to the gate input of a switch component, the switch will also be vectorized, so you'll end up with parallel instances of switches that are each controlled by one of the pulse trains.

But you want to control a single switch with an OR-combination of the pulse trains. To achieve this, you need to use a Logical Operator with the Operator set to "OR" and Number of inputs set to "1". Feed the vector output of the Pulse Generator into the Logical Operator and the output of the Logical Operator into the gate input of the switch.

answered Dec 5, 2018 by Wolfgang Hammer (397 points)
selected Dec 5, 2018 by snehathakur
HI, Wolfgang

Thank you so much for your help. It worked. Thanks a ton.

Sneha