Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How can I use wolfspeed provided SiC mosfet for simulating three phase DAB?

0 votes
I have used ideal MOSFET for modeling and I got the expected waveforms. Now my supervisor has asked me to use the non-ideal MOSFET (include Rds, parasitic capacitance). In my previous project, I downloaded the MOSFET model from the Infineon website and imported it to the Psipce library. Is it possible to do the same in PLECS ( download MOSFET model and import to PLECS library). This is not for thermal modeling.
asked Mar 16, 2021 by Udhayaraj (12 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
PLECS is different than SPICE simulators in that it is based on the concept of ideal switches, intended for fast and robust simulation of complete systems (as opposed to detailed physical models that take a long time to simulate). PLECS does not allow the import of SPICE component models, though you are able to build your own custom electrical component models to include additional details. We do allow for associating thermal descriptions with a device, for calculating conduction and switching losses, and junction temperatures. Both Infineon and Wolfspeed do provide pre-made thermal description files for many of their components already: https://www.plexim.com/download/thermal_models. So, in a sense, yes, you can do what you are asking, but the models are of a different nature than ones for PSpice.
answered Mar 16, 2021 by Kris Eberle (1,583 points)