Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Mosfet library plecs power losses

+1 vote
Hi

I'm Wojtek,

I'm writing thesis about power losses in DC/DC Buck-Boost converters. I've choosen Infineon transistor IPB017N08N5 and diode STMicroelectronics STPS16045TV. I cant  find on the website of manufacturer libraries for those elements. Do u have any idea how to create library in PLECS for analyzing thermal losses based on datesheet? Please can anyone advice me something/help me?

I ATTACH datasheets of those elements.

Greeting,

Wojciech
asked Dec 10, 2018 by Voyteck (28 points)

1 Answer

+2 votes
Hello,

I have attached a tutorial on how to use the PLECS thermal modeling domain of PLECS. Of course, every datasheet is different and may require certain calculations, assumptions, etc., but this provides you a guide on how to get started. You should also look for app notes from the respective manufacturers on how to calculate losses for their devices. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I can try and help.

Regards,

Kris
answered Dec 11, 2018 by Kris Eberle (1,591 points)