Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

State discontinuity after switching Error

0 votes
Hii,

When I try simulate the thermal model of an IGBT with RL load , I am getting the State discontinuity after switching error. With R load it is working fine. Please suggest me a solution. I have attached model & thermal parameter file.
asked Mar 26, 2021 by mr_naidu (23 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Please see the following guidance on the Plexim website: https://www.plexim.com/support/solutions/165
answered Mar 26, 2021 by Bryan Lieblick (1,905 points)
Dear Mr.Bryan,

Already I gone through that solution, I didn't get that, please open my plecs model and tell me what is wrong exactly in my model.

Thanks in advance.

With warm regards,

Manikandan R.
Hello, per the link Bryan sent, "The issue is caused when you attempt to interrupt an inductive current or capacitive voltage instantaneously, which is not possible with ideal components." In your model, you are forcing the current in the inductor to zero instantaneously with the opening of the switch since there is no other path for it to travel along. If you remove the inductor from your circuit or provide a parallel impedance path the circuit will work.
Thanks Kris for your suggestion