Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How would I go about creating a three phase squirrel induction motor? [closed]

0 votes
Hi there, having a couple issues currently when it comes to trying to create a three phase squirrel induction motor in PLECS and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on this. I just want to run a three phase induction motor on a mechanical load block diagram on default parameters currently so I can see how it runs.
closed with the note: Duplicate
asked Apr 1, 2021 by Mecki (16 points)
closed Apr 9, 2021 by Mecki

2 Answers

0 votes
See how simulink realize it and reproduce it in plecs?
answered Apr 8, 2021 by shichenseu (299 points)
Thanks for the reply, I have my system that I want to reproduce into PLECS now, I did some researching on induction motors, squirrel cage IMs in particular but one question, how would I reproduce a Magnetic powder brake in PLECS? is there a similar block that I can use with the same effects as a MPD that can also have a controller connected to it to control the set point?
+1 vote
There is a squirrel cage induction machine in the PLECS library. Maybe you could explain why this doesn't meet your requirements.
answered Apr 9, 2021 by Oliver Schwartz (618 points)
The squirrel cage motor meets my requirements but I still need the mechanical load block diagram, so I need a three phase supply which I have access to, torque, volt, current, power, mech power and rpm sensors which I also have access too, mech power I am not 100% sure which sensor to use just yet but i havent fully checked for this. Finally i need a magnetic powder motor this is the one block i cannot find and I am not sure what PLECS has in place of this block. Followed by a controller to change set points.