Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

PLECS model of AC-AC converter

0 votes
Is there any one who has PLECS model of  AC-AC converter implemented with IGBT or MOSFET modules ? Which PWM technique is used for controlling gate signals ?
asked May 15, 2021 by phdyalu (18 points)
Dear Kris,

Thanks a lot for your response. I'm trying to understand how it works.

I understood that the the matrix converter converts AC-DC-AC.

I'm seeking to know direct AC-AC converter
Hi,

I'm not sure we have a direct AC-AC converter model to share unfortunately. But I'm sure if you do a web search of the technical literature there are strong resources available to you!

Regards,

Kris

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello,

I have attached an unsupported and undocumented PLECS Standalone example of a Sparse Matrix Converter that uses IGBTs, hopefully that helps.

To open this model in PLECS Blockset, add an empty PLECS Circuit block in a Simulink model and from the File menu, choose "Import from Standalone".

Kris
answered May 17, 2021 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)