Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

PWM signal for switches in 3-level NPC DC DC converter

0 votes
I want to simulate a 3-level neutral point clamped dc dc converter with a transformer. The PWM signal generation of the switches does not work. I am unsure what my mistake is. Can someone tell me how to set up the PWM signal and how to improve the circuit?
The aim of the DC DC converter is to convert 1 kV to 12 V
asked May 18, 2021 by turtle_3 (12 points)
edited May 18, 2021 by turtle_3

1 Answer

0 votes
The power semiconductors in PLECS operate such that they are turned on with a _non-zero_ gate signal, and turned off with a gate signal of zero. In your model, you are multiplying the high gate signal by -1, which will actually still keep the gate on since it is non-zero. You need to modify the switching logic to generate 1's and 0's and then you should be able to make your circuit operational. Good luck!
answered May 18, 2021 by Kris Eberle (1,575 points)