Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Signal loop in plecs simulation

0 votes
I would like to ask if it is possible to loop the initial signal at a certain frequency? For example, I need to loop the first 5 seconds of a signal until a certain time that I can define myself. Can this be done with blocks or only by creating the appropriate code? If it is possible only through code, what would it look like? In the attachment I put simulations of the signal which I need to loop for illustration. Thank you for your help.
asked May 23, 2021 by Linterd (19 points)
It seems your attachment didn't post correctly.  Can you try and re-upload it?
done, thank you, I was sure the attachment had been added correctly

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hello,

It's not fully clear to me what you are trying to do based on your attached model, but if I am correct you want to repeat a portion of a signal (is it a stimulus?) until a certain time, at which you would skip to the present time of that signal. I have attached a simple example showing this concept using a 1D Lookup Table and the simulation time using the Clock block, as well as the mod function to compare to the simulation time and model your 5 second loop frequency. Let us know if this helps.

Kris
answered May 26, 2021 by Kris Eberle (1,583 points)
I would like to loop the motor inrush current signal so that when the motor reverses frequently, the signal turns on again every 5 seconds for example. In the attached model the signals are Q_cz1_reverse and Q_zl_reverse. Could you give me a tip how to apply your sample signal loop to my specific example? I would appreciate a little help a lot, because I must admit I'm just starting to learn signal feed circuits.