Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Modeling a variable inductor

0 votes

Hi,

When modeling a variable inductor, the differential inductivity needs to be passed as an input.

Could you please let me know what is the block used to pass or store the Ldiff(i) values in the attached picture?

Best Regards,

Kiran Kumar

asked Jun 1, 2021 by Kiran Kumar V (12 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

The Ldiff(i) block in the schematic is meant for illustrative purposes only. It is a stand-in for the actual differential inductance you will define.  The differential inductance could be defined using an analytical formula or using a look-up table.  Note when you use the Function block (Control + Functions & Tables + Function) it is possible to include other Octave language commands (e.g. abs, exp, atan, etc.).

answered Jun 1, 2021 by Bryan Lieblick (1,905 points)