Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

Discrete speed curve on the RtBox

0 votes
Dear plexim team

I would like to give an asynchronous motor a reference speed as a function of time. The speed curve is stored in a .csv file and imported into the development environment PLECS using "From File" (the .csv file and a very simple PLECS model can be found in the attachment). Offline this works so far. But now I want to run the speed curve real time on the RtBox. Furthermore it should be possible to switch the velocity curve on and off with an enable signal. How can I use the existing speed curve on the RtBox?

I would be very happy about an answer.
Kind regards,
Raphael
asked Jul 15, 2021 by raphael.baumeler (37 points)
edited Jul 15, 2021 by raphael.baumeler

1 Answer

0 votes
Using the look-up table?I'm not so sure sorry, but maybe look-up talbe can realize the function
answered Jul 15, 2021 by shichenseu (299 points)
1D-Table (Look up table)

How can I implement what is described in this article in Real Time?
Article: http://forum.plexim.com/11/is-it-possible-to-import-waveform-data-into-plecs?show=12#a12
That means instead of the absolute time in the block "Waveform Generator" use a discrete time vector and to the respective discrete time values the associated data values? I don't quite understand yet how to use the 1D table for this. I would be glad for a minimal example e.g. using the following discrete vectors:
time_discrete: [0 0.1 0.2 0.3 0.4 0.5];
data_discrete: [1 2 3 3 2 1];

Greetings,
Raphael

sorry, I'm a little confused, since the absolute time is not allowed in the RT-BOX, the alternative way is needed to realize it.
A colleague at work could help me now. Now I have understood that with the 1D Look up Table for applications with the RtBox. The time vector is filled into the vector "x", the data is filled into the vector "y". Then a ramp, which is the input parameter of the 1D Look up Table, is used to output the corresponding "y" values. An example can be found in the appendix. For the RtBox now only the ramp must be replaced by a RtBox capable ramp.

Thanks shichenseu for the hint with the Loop up Table.