Please take a minute to review and accept our Terms of Use.
Welcome to the PLECS User Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Many technical questions regarding PLECS are answered on the Technical Solutions page of our website. Tutorial videos, specific application examples, and pre-recorded webinars are available on our YouTube page. Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest Plexim news.

How to give diffetent names to traces/signals in scope?

0 votes
Hello!

I used the  PLECS Scope to edit two traces, but when It comes to the names I could not change it. Two different traces had one name, in my case it's Am1. Is it possible to give different names to traces/signals and separate them?

Best regards,
asked Feb 18, 2019 by AlexTs (12 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello,

You have in fact customized the trace names in your attached image. You are able to change a signal name by double-clicking on it in the PLECS Scope Data window list ("Am1" currently). However, if you save and name multiple traces of a signal, the signal name will be the same for all of them. You should use the trace names to differentiate the results. In your example, you have two traces of the same inductor current (measured by component "Am1", a name which you can change as I just mentioned), one with an input voltage of 5V and one with an input voltage of 10V. So the signal is the same, but the specific behavior of it can change with each trace.  Let me know if anything isn't clear.

Best regards,

Kris
answered Feb 19, 2019 by Kris Eberle (1,583 points)